Backache, also known as lumbago, is one of the most widespread and common ailments found in people. It can be described as mild to sever pain in the lower back region of the sufferer. The pain may, at times, be excruciating and unbearable. Backache results in difficulty in bending forward, backward or even sideward. The pain can either root from the bones and ligaments that form the spine, the muscles and tendons that support the back, the nerves that exist in the spinal column or even the internal organ The problem is not restricted to older people and can also affect young people, especially those who indulge in a lot of physical work. Females usually face back during the pregnancy stage. The main causes for backache are strain, strained ligaments, back-muscle injury, excess lifting of heavy objects and disc disorders. Backache is a degenerative disorder but can be cured with the help of home remedies.
Causes Of Backache:
Sitting in the same posture for long hours
Eating junk food
Lack of balance diet
Not indulging in exercise
Improper functioning of kidney
Irregular menstrual cycle in women
Wearing high heel shoes
Sleeping in a wrong posture
Too much mental stress
Excess physical labor
Straining of the joints
Kidney or prostate problems
Deterioration in the discs of the spine
Injury to the back
Going through menses
Symptoms Of Backache:
Pain in the lower and middle portion of the back
Pain around hips and waist
Cervical or lumbar spondylosis
Stiffness along the spine
Visible curvature of the spine, occasionally
Sharp pain localized in the neck and upper back
Numbness or weakness in your legs or feet
Pain leaves you anxious or depressed
Changes in bowel or bladder habits
It can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, fever and muscle weakness
Home Remedy For Backache:
1. An effective home remedy for backache would comprise of a combination of wheat, Cuscus grass and coriander. Soak 60 grams wheat in water, overnight. The next morning, add 30 grams each of Cuscus grass and coriander to it. Add 250 ml milk. Put the mixture in a pan and boil it, until only 2/3rd of the quantity is left. Drink this concoction to get relief from backache.
2. Mix 3 grams khas khas grass with 3 grams sugar candy. Take this mixture twice a day, with a glass of milk.
3. Mix 1 tbsp glucose or honey in warm water and have it in the morning, on an empty stomach. It is a simple, yet effective way to get relief from backache.
4. Eat two to three cloves of garlic in a day. Garlic oil can also be effective in curing backache. To prepare garlic oil, fry ten cloves of garlic in 60 ml of oil (mustard oil, sesame oil or coconut oil). Strain the oil, let it cool down a bit and massage the back with it.
5. Mint oil has been found effective in curing backache. Lightly massage your back using some mint oil. It will give relief from the pain.
6. Apply some heat to the back, using hot water bottle or infrared lamp. This would give instant relief from the pain.
7. Massaging with turpentine oil is another effective home remedy for backache.
8. An effective home remedy would be to apply potato, in the poultice form. Peel a potato and cut into cubes. Boil the cubes and mash them. After they cool down a bit, apply on the back and hold it there with a bandage, for an hour.
9. Take out the juice of one lemon and add some common salt to it. Intake this, twice a day.
10. Basil leaves can also cure a person suffering from backache. Take a cup of water and boil ten basil leaves in it. Let the water boil till only half the quantity is left. Cool down the water and add 1/4 tsp salt. Drink this decoction once a day.
11. For tea drinkers, an easy remedy would be to add 5 black pepper corns, 5 cloves and 1 gram dry ginger powder to the tea. Have such a tea twice everyday.
12. Include foods that have rich Vitamin C content, such as citrus fruit, tomatoes, blueberries and strawberries, in your diet.
Warning: The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.
This information is solely for informational purposes.